Dear valued customer,
In light of President Cyril Ramaphosa’s State of the Nation address on Sunday 15 March 2020, our aim is to continue to trade and provide you with the same high quality food and
legendary service we pride ourselves on at Turn ‘n Tender. We have enhanced our attention to safety against the COVID-19 virus. Therefore, in addition to our existing high standards of hygiene, the following precautionary measures will be taken in all our restaurants across
South Africa, effective immediately:
- We will not be filling our restaurants to capacity, bookings and walk-ins will be limited.
- Tables will be placed further apart from one another in order for our guests to feel more
comfortable as they are not in close proximity with other customers.
- Tables and chairs to be wiped down and sprayed with disinfectant before guests are
seated and after they have left.
- All customers will be required to sanitise on entry to the restaurant as well as
on their departure.
- Bathrooms will be monitored very closely and there will be increased cleaning
- Daily team meetings held to update staff on the current status of the virus in
South Africa and across the globe.
- Reduced number of staff members per shift to avoid crowding.
- Ensure all staff are healthy before coming to work.
- Strict hand cleaning and sanitisation roster in place for all staff members.
- Efforts to raise awareness of COVID-19 and reminders for customers and staff members
to wash or sanitise their hands regularly have been implemented.
- Educating staff on preventing the spread of the virus.
- Menus, condiment containers and all front of house customer touch points to be
- Hand soap and sanitisers to be available in staff and customer toilets at all times.
- Small sanitiser bottles will be placed around the restaurant for staff and customers to use.
- All surfaces (back of house and front of house) to be sanitised on a regular basis.
- Kitchen surfaces and working tools are sanitised regularly.
- Credit card machines to be sanitised in front of customers before and after use.
We are staying abreast of the situation globally and in South Africa and will adhere to all
government restrictions and actions taken. In these uncertain times, we can assure you
that our staff and customer’s safety is of the utmost importance to us. If you are concerned about visiting our restaurants, you can place a takeaway order via telephone by calling your closest Turn ‘n Tender restaurant. Alternatively you can also order via Uber Eats or Mr. Delivery (area dependant).
Thank you for understanding during this time.
Turn ‘n Tender management